- 25 years of equity investment experience focused on the life sciences industry.
- Founder and Managing General Partner of JALAA Equities, LP, a private investment fund focused on the biotechnology and medical device sectors
- Currently serves on the Board of Directors of Ligand Pharmaceuticals and Orchestra BioMed.
- Since 2006 has served as Chairman of the Board, on the Board of Directors, or as a consultant to many other public and private life sciences companies and charitable foundations, including the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation’s Therapeutics Board for seven years.
- Executive Chairman and Founder of Rio Grande Solar and Rio Grande Renewables, beginning in 2009.
- A. in economics, with honors, from Colgate University, and is a member of the Omnicron Delta Epsilon Honor Society in economics.